The individual i’m interviews is a director of a womens substance abuse treatment facility. I do know this individual so the ‘meet and greet’ will not be formal. We will be meeting at her office at the treatment facility, just fyi.
Develop a list of at least fifteen questions to ask in your informational interview. Research possible questions to include using the Argosy University online library resources and the Internet. Click here to download a copy of the “Job Resources” document and save it to your computer. Refer to the “Job Resources” document to do an Internet search using the search terms “informational interview questions” in order to find suggested questions. Be sure to put them into your own words for the purpose of this assignment and to give credit to your source by using in-text citations and a reference list in APA format.
- Ask the interviewee about his or her work, academic preparation, and advice. In addition, include the interviewee’s answers to questions on the following topics:
- The experience, skills, and knowledge necessary for success in a career in psychology or in graduate school
- Relevant professional organizations
- His or her views on professional ethics and academic integrity
- The role of psychological research in his or her work
- His or her greatest challenges and rewards
- His or her reasons for choosing the field
- Develop a script (word-for-word written statement) that you will use during the warm-up (meet-and-greet) portion of the interview. Include small talk of a professional nature that will serve as an introduction and explanation of the purpose of the interview. Demonstrate in your script your ability to interact professionally and effectively in a professional environment.