Assignment 1: LASA 2—Grant-Proposal Paper and Presentation
In many ways this proposal and presentation represents the culmination of your time here at Argosy. Be proud of the work you have done and the person you have become as a result of it!
In M4: Assignment 1, you submitted a draft of your grant proposal paper and received feedback from your facilitator and peers.
Refer to the sidebar for downloading an outline of a grant proposal which you can review. Use this resource to compose your grant-proposal paper.
Make use of your textbook, Internet, and Argosy University online library resources to research grant proposals. Be sure to make use of at least ten sources in your proposal, five of which must be scholarly. Based on your research, the grant proposal outline, and the course project-related assignments in the previous modules, do the following:
- Write a project proposal summary.
- Explain an overview of the recipient, need for the project, and the funding requested.
- Include an assessment of the need.
- Explain the specific problem in the community, research data, and summaries of similar projects. Include an explanation of how your proposed project is unique.
- Describe goals and objectives.
- Describe the specific goals and objectives of the proposed grant.
- Describe the project plan.
- List all of the necessary steps and rationale for the project proposal.
- Include an evaluation plan.
- Describe the formative and summative evaluations required for the proposal and how they reflect the proposal’s goals and objectives.
- Create a budget proposal.
- Include all proposed budget expenses (administrative and operational) for the project and/or any relevant training of staff needed, etc.
- Write a conclusion.
- Provide a summary of the grant proposal that reiterates the needs, costs, and effects of the project.
Also, you can refer to the sidebar to download and assess a sample project similar to the one you propose to do in your final project. This document will help you understand the requirements for your project.
Assume that you have been asked to present this proposal to a board of trustees. Be sure to make the most out of the visual aspect of the presentation format by using images, graphs, and other relevant aids to instill the importance of your project in your audience.
Write a 5–7-page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M5_A1.doc.
Develop an 8–10-slide presentation in PowerPoint format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M5_A1.ppt.
By Monday, March 20, 2017, deliver both the paper and presentation assignment to the M5: Assignment 1 Dropbox.
Course Project Grading Criteria and Rubric
This assignment is worth 300 points and will be graded using a rubric.