Assignment 3: Obesity in America
Due Week 9 and worth 65 points
Obesity in America is considered an epidemic. There are many contributing factors to obesity (both childhood and adult), such as biological, environmental, social, or economic factors. Review the information on obesity on pages 383 to 385 in the textbook. You may also use the Internet or Strayer Library to research obesity and its causes.
- “What Are the Health Risks of Overweight and Obesity?” located at http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/obe/risks.html
Write a one to two page (1-2) page essay in which you:
- Describe the effect that obesity (childhood and / or adult) has had on you personally or your community.
- Select one (1) contributing factor to childhood or adult obesity. Recommend two (2) preventative measures related to the selected factor that people can take in order to reduce their chance of becoming obese.
- Discuss one (1) sociological theory that relates to the selected contributing factor to obesity.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- To keep this essay short and manageable, your only sources for the essay should be the article from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute and the sections noted in your text. For this reason, APA citations or references are not required for this assignment.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Define the basic concepts used in the discipline of sociology.
- Explain the major theoretical paradigms of sociology.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in sociology.
- Write clearly and concisely about sociology using proper writing mechani
THE ONE BELONG IS THE WEEK DISCUSSION
can you come up with a paragraph about the follow topic?
Thread: Week 9 Discussion
Skip to Course Menu Skip to Top Frame Tabs
Actions for Content Page
- Show Search
Select: All None
- Message Actions
- Expand All
- Collapse All
1 Posts in this Thread0 Unread posted 4 years ago (last edited 2 months ago) Anonymous Week 9 DiscussionCollapseOverall Rating:
“Terrorism and the City” Please respond to the following:
- Terrorism is a continuing threat to national security. Use the Internet to research one (1) terrorist attack in the U.S. within the past 20 years (e.g., the attacks on 9/11, bombing of the Boston Marathon, etc.). Explain the major effects that this attack had on American society in terms of a sense of urgency and personal responsibility. Describe the sociological theory that best explains terrorism in America.