In this assignment, pick a health behavior or mental-health related issue of your choice and explore the literature related to theories that have been used to guide interventions directed to the issue. In this research paper, you must examine at least 8 scholarly sources (peer-reviewed journals and/or books) to address the following:
- A brief overview of the chosen behavior/issue.
- Discuss also why you chose this particular behavior
- How did theory help you conceptualize this behavior?
- An overview of the literature you searched related to theory-grounded interventions related to the behavior.
- What did the authors conclude? Where did they agree (find similar findings) or disagree (find different results)?
- Most of your paper should be devoted to social work practice recommendations, including:
- Is this theory/intervention a good fit for social work interventions?
- What are the limitations of this theory for social work interventions? What are the strengths of this approach for social work interventions?
i. Think about the social work ethical implications (refer specifically to the NASW Code of Ethics) related to this theory and your literature review on the related interventions- what did you learn that could apply to social work ethics and interventions?
ii. How is this theory relevant as it relates to individuals, families, groups, organizations, communities and societies?
1. Think about issues of diversity and privilege when you answer this, particularly related to: differences in ability, age, class, color, culture, ethnicity, family structure, gender (including gender identity and gender expression) marital status, national origin, race, religion or spirituality, sex, and sexual orientation
This Theory and Intervention Paper is due on _March 20______, should be 10-12 double spaced pages, and is worth 40% of your final grade.
Students will be assessed using the following rubric: