No one can say for certain what happened to the great urban Mayan civilization, but theories abound and include varied possible alternatives to explain the relatively abrupt and mysterious disappearance of the Mayan civilization.
Guide on writing the Essay
Write a three to four (3-4) paragraph paper in which you:
- Clearly state the “mystery” and provide a brief summary of at least two (2) reasonable and scholarly theories which could explain the mystery. Because some theories may sound far-fetched, include the source or promoter of each theory – such as a scientist, a historian, a theologian, etc.
- After summarizing at least two (2) scholarly theories, identify one (1) of the theories as the most plausible and provide at least two (2) convincing reasons why the theory you have chosen is the best one to explain the mystery. This will involve some critical reasoning skills on your part.
- Use at least two (2) sources plus the class textbook. (Three  sources total as the minimum) Note: Wikipedia and other similar Websites do not qualify as academic resources. You are highly encouraged to use the Resource Center tab at the top of your Blackboard page.
Your assignment must follow these formattingrequirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, usingTimes New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides;citations and references must follow APA style format. Both in-textcitations and a References list are required. Citations and referencesmust follow APA style format. Check with your professor for any additionalinstructions. (Note: Students can find APA style materialslocated in the course shell for guidance).
- Include a cover page containingthe title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, thecourse title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are notincluded in the required assignment page length. For our purposes, you mayomit any abstract page.