Web site summary
Visit the web site below related to biopsychology. browse the site thoroughly and answer the following questions:
· Who created the web site? (person, professional organization, etc.)
· What is the purpose of the web site? Who is the target audience? (If this is not explicitly stated, use your own judgment.
· What type of information is presented?
· What additional information (that is not in the class notes and the text) did you find on this web site? (Again, be specific!)
· What did you learn about biopsychology from this web site?
· Do not quote the web site – use your own words to explain it.
Choose the following web sites:
Dr. Eric Chudler’s Neuroscience pages: http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/introb.html
General directions for assignments
I will take into account the following when grading assignments:
· Completeness of the assignment:Did you follow the directions? Did you do what you were asked, or are certain components missing or questions left unanswered?
· Neatness of the assignment/surface quality: Is the assignment prepared and presented neatly? Does it appear that you gave it proper time and attention, or does it appear that it was a last-minute effort? Are there numerous spelling/grammatical/typographical errors?
· Level of mastery/depth of work: Is it clear that you understand what you are writing about? Is it evident that you have a firm grasp of course material? Could an interested college student/adult who has not taken the course understand what you are saying?
Do not quote the web site or article that is to be summarized – use your own words to explain the article. If you encounter difficulty in understanding the material, please email me and I will help you.
Basic formatting for all assignments:
· 3 full pages
· typed, double-spaced
· all margins 1 inch
· standard font style and size
· cover page with your name and description of assignment
· work should be proofread carefully (don’t rely on the spell-checker!)
· APA format