Analysis of a Profiling Case
Over the years, many famous cases have demonstrated how criminal profiling can be used to assist with an investigation. For this assignment, complete the following:
- Choose any one case such as the following well-known criminal cases:
- The case of David Berkowitz (Son of Sam)
- The case of Ted Bundy
Research the chosen case. Respond to the following questions:
- Describe the information that was gathered about the perpetrator or offender. This could include the profiler’s conclusions regarding the offender’s mental, emotional, and personality characteristics as well as age, gender, ethnicity, and geographic location.
- Describe what sources the investigator used, what patterns of behavior were identified, and what information was given to law enforcement. State if the information that law enforcement received is correct.
- Analyze if the profile was accurate and if it did assist or hinder in the investigation.
- Explain what factors led to the accuracy or inaccuracy of the profile.
Support your responses giving reasons and examples from 2–4 scholarly resources.
Write a 2- to 3-page paper in a Microsoft Word document. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.