For this assignment, describe the biological theories of aging. How are these theories different from those we discussed in Week One? What do they tell us about the normal process of aging vs. the pathological process of aging? Using the outline below, examine aging from a biological perspective. In your paper, be sure to focus on the specific impact on cognitive functioning.
- Random Damage Theories of Aging
- DNA Damage
- Free Radical Damage
- Programmed Aging Theories
- The Hypothalamus as an Aging Clock
- The Immune System as an Aging Clock
- Extending the Maximum Life Span
- Minimizing Your Calorie Intake
- Moving to Shangri-La?
Your assignment should be three- to four-pages in length (excluding title and reference pages), and should include a minimum of three scholarly sources that were published within the past five years and that are cited according to APA format as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.