wait for the sender to finish speaking.
always shake the hands of a stranger and introduce yourself.
always maintain eye contact.
2. Which of the follow are listed as forms of nonverbal communication? (Points : 1) Time and the way it is used (chronemics)
Physical appearance and attractiveness
Scents or odors (olfactics)
All of the above
__________ is the source of the interpersonal communication—the person who originates the communication encounter. (Points : 1) loudest speaker
4. Your sense of self-worth and the level of satisfaction you have with yourself are referred to as (Points : 1) self-esteem.
5. Self-concept can be changed through interpersonal communication. (Points : 1) True
6. Communication competence involves being both appropriate and effective in our communicative interactions with others. (Points : 1) True
7. Fill in the blank. According to Bevan and Sole, “________ communicate the history, traditions, and values of their culture through oral communication.” (Points : 1) All societies
8. Maslow explains that the first reason we communicate is for (Points : 1) building bonds with others.
9. According to Bevan and Sole, which of the following is not one of the five primary characteristics ofcommunication? (Points : 1) It is a process.
It must result in shared meaning.
Both verbal and nonverbal messages influence interactions.
It occurs in a variety of contexts.
It involves two or more people.
10. Researchers believe that ____________ is a complex mix of how we see ourselves, what others have told us about ourselves, and what society says we should be.
(Points : 1)