Imagine you are a director at a nursing home facility. You are discussing, with a potential client’s family, the needs of, and the changes facing, older adults.
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word report in which you describe to the potential client’s family the personality and social development that occur in later adulthood.
Address the following in your report:
- Explain changes in role and social position during this stage.
- Compare living accommodations, such as accessibility and the need for health care.
- Illustrate the adjustment and transition from work to retirement.
- Describe changes in marriage, family, and peer relationships.
- Identify social policies that affect the older adult.