A Methodical Review
Using the University online library resources, locate a research study related to forensic psychology. Present an analysis of the article by addressing the following points:
- Provide a brief overview of the problem being studied, the research design, and the participants being used for the study and the general findings of the study.
- Identify the research question, independent variable, and dependent variable.
- If you were the researcher conducting this study and found that you were not familiar with the particular research population, what steps would you take to prepare yourself to conduct the research with this population?
- Was any deception used in this study? If so, why was this deception necessary? If not, do you think that the study would have benefited from any kind of deception?
- What steps did the researcher take to protect his or her participants?
- What are the limitations of the study’s design and/or implementation?
- If you were the researcher, would you have conducted this study the same way in relation to ethics and protection of the participants? If not, what changes would you make?
Post your response in a minimum of 300 words.
All written assignments and responses should follow APA rules for attributing sources.
While responding to classmates, offer suggestions, ideas, and evaluative comments.
Professor Notes: For this final discussion we will be reviewing a journal article that completed a study on your topic. Please make sure your article actually is of a study vs review of information, theory or literature review. The study should contain numeric or quantitative data. Your task is to then address deception of subjects (if it occurred) and provide an overall ethical critique of the article.