This Assignment consists of three parts, including a professional development plan. , In a 3–4-page written essay, answer the following:
- Explain how your professional, personal, and/or educational experiences have led you to your interest in earning a degree in Psychology. Include why you chose to take classes in Applied Behavior Analysis.
- Discuss your intended area of specialization and why this area appeals to you.
- What skills/strengths do you already possess that are required for your future career? Be specific.
- What skills are required for your future career that you do not currently have? How will you obtain these necessary skills? Be specific.
Choose Option B if you are NOT planning to sit for the BCaBA and/or BCBA exam.
- Clearly outline your future career choice. Are there any exams or licenses you will need to obtain? If so, what are the requirements to sit for that exam/obtain that license and how will you meet those requirements?
- Determine your state requirements (if any) for practicing in your chosen field.
- Describe your future educational goals. For example, do you plan to go to graduate school or will you finish schooling with your Bachelor’s degree?
- Describe any professional development requirements for your license. If you will not pursue licensure, how will you stay current in your knowledge of psychology?
Read Kauffman, J. M., Conroy, M., Gardner III, R., & Oswald, D. (2008). Cultural Sensitivity in the Application of Behavior Principles to Education. Education & Treatment of Children, 31(2), 239-262. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com.lib.kaplan.edu/login.aspx?direct=true&db=tfh&AN=31943137&site=eds-live
Write one to two paragraphs reflecting upon possible issues with applying behavior analytic techniques with individuals from a culture other than the dominant Western European-American culture.
Include the following in your analysis:
- Describe why a cultural label provides insufficient information for a behavioral program.
- Describe one way in which an ABA professional can ensure sensitivity to multiculturalism and diversity.
- Defend the use of applied behavior analysis with diverse populations and multiple cultures.