Conduct an Internet search for at least two different victim’s advocacy programs. Describe the program’s main mission and the services provided, which may include awareness activities, conferences, and publications. Compare and contrast the two different programs.
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas:
In addition to describing the programs, and comparing and contrasting the programs as stated above, answer the following questions:
- How effective do you feel are your selected victim’s advocacy programs? Why?
- What types of victims do you think benefit most from the selected victim’s advocacy programs? Explain your reasoning.
- If you were able to modify a single element or aspect of each program, what would it be? Explain why.
- Do you think the media plays a role in addressing the needs of crime victims? Explain.
- If yes, does it have a mostly positive or mostly negative impact? Why?