Research Paper Instructions
Research Paper Instructions:
1. Choose a Research topic from our textbook or from the New York Times’ Science Section on Tuesdays (available athttp://www.nytimes.com). Email this topic to the instructor and include 3 references for scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles on the topic by no later than Sunday, January 29, 2017 at 11:54 PM. Be sure to read my suggested tips for locating a peer-reviewed, scholarly journal article BEFORE sending me your proposed topic / references.
2. Wait for emailed approval for your topic before writing.
3. Please type your research paper using Microsoft Word 10-12 point black font Times New Roman or Arial
4. View and adhere to these Research Paper Assignment Guidelines (see below) as you complete your paper.
5. Provide in-text citations and references following the American Psychological Association (APA 6.0) style writing format for documenting your sources. Paraphrase and / or directly quote following APA 6.0 formatting guidelines. Points reductions will occur for no / improper use of APA 6.0 scholarly formatting AND / OR for use of other types of scholarly formatting such as MLA or Chicago.
o Reference Librarians at each campus of the college can also help you with this.
o Recommended website: Purdue University Online Writing Lab.
6. Discuss information from your course text and at least FIVE scholarly peer-reviewed journal articles related to your topic in your paper. Cite / reference all paraphrased or quoted material in your paper following APA 6.0. Your paper must include a minimum of five (5) typed pages in addition to a cover page and reference pages.
- Cite / reference any paraphrased or quoted statements in discussions following APA 6.0.
- Statements made in your research paper must be documented and referenced, using American Psychological Association 6.0 format
NO PLAGIARISM AND FOR SERIOUS TEACHERS