In this assignment, you will integrate the concepts of conflict resolution, group influence, and attribution to develop a program of conflict resolution to a current conflict situation.
Identify a conflict between two groups.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper in which you create a program to improve the relationship between two groups. Remember I am looking for group dynamics to be resolved – not individual issues. I am wanting to do Walmart managers and subordinates (since there is already research and articles written on them). Be specific in identifying what community, company, or organization you are writing about.
Nature of the Conflict
· Describe the context of the conflict. What kind of community or organization is this? Who are the stakeholders in the outcome of the conflict?
· Identify the overt and covert issues presenting both sides.
· Describe the effect the conflict has on the organization within which it exists and, if applicable, the surrounding community.
· Identify attribution errors and how they will be addressed in the program.
· Analyze the dynamics within each group and between groups. Who are the leaders? Does anyone stall or undermine the group? Is there a relationship between two subgroups?
· Apply the elements of conflict resolution.
· Describe the central strategy you will use to resolve or diminish the conflict.
· Provide at least one reference supporting the use of such a strategy.
· Include a program component that employs social media.
· Explain how you will address attribution errors between the groups.
· Identify the elements of persuasion you will use in your program.
Create a 15-18 slide presentation with extensive speaker notes. that you would give to sell your program to the company or organization where the conflict exists. The presentation should be accompanied by 10 Microsoft® PowerPoint® slides with speaker notes that include the following:
· The goals of the program
· The logistics of the program (schedule, location, and so on)
· The content of the program (any worksheets, activities, or events)
Cite at least 4 references in your presentation, including the reference that demonstrates research support of your program strategy.
Format any citations in your presentation according to APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Side note*** The paper is the narrative of what you propose – with detail. The PPT is what you would give to them to “sell” the proposal – not as detailed -but you need to have adequate notes for each slide to highlight the bullet points. Think of it as the paper being the “formal” proposal – and the PPT is you going in to sell it to the executive of your groups.