Sport psychology consultants utilize assessments as a tool to gather important information from teams, athletes, and coaches, and use the results to help inform interventions. In this assignment, you will explore different types of assessments and practice explaining their use to potential clients.
For this assignment, you will propose five assessments that can be used within your consultation with the Bulldogs team. Make sure to include the following in your proposal:
- Explain the psychological assessments in terms of what they address, measure, and how they are administered.
- What does each psychological assessment address?
- How is the assessment taken and how is it scored?
- How long does each assessment take to complete?
- Explain the relevance of the psychological assessments that were chosen.
- Why were these particular assessments chosen?
- Why would these be appropriate to use with the Bulldogs team?
- Explain how the assessment results will be used to inform intervention and approach strategies for the Bulldogs team.
- What feedback would you give the coach based on the results?
- How would the scores on the scales guide your suggestions?
- Analyze ethical considerations when administrating assessments in an applied setting.
- How will you administer the assessments?
- How will the results be used with the athletes or team?
Ensure all of your resources are cited correctly within your paper and within a reference section at the end of the paper. Use APA formatting for your paper and references and read the scoring rubric to see how your assignment will be graded.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA current edition style and formatting.
- Length of paper: 3–5 typed double-spaced pages, not including required cover sheet and reference page. No abstract required.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.