You can google the articles
To prepare for this assignment:
- Review the articles, “Assessment of Children and Adolescents in Crisis” and “Creating More Trauma-Informed Services for Children Using Assessment-Focused Tools.” Focus on how assessment tools are used in response counseling.
- Review the article, “Which Instruments are Most Commonly Used to Assess Traumatic Event Exposure and Posttraumatic Effects?: A Survey of Traumatic Stress Professionals.” Reflect on the different types of assessments available for use and how they could be integrated into your personal counseling style (i.e. behavioral, humanistic, cognitive, etc).
- Read the case study, “Jessie,” provided in this week’s Learning Resources.
- Select a method or particular instrument you would use to assess the client in the case study.
The assignment: (2–3 pages)
- Provide a brief description of a specific instrument or crisis assessment you would use to assess the client presented in the case study and explain why you chose that instrument or assessment.
- Using the instrument or assessment as a guide, conceptualize the client’s symptoms in terms of how they fit with the crisis instrument or assessment you chose.
- Explain how you would integrate the assessment information into your selection of counseling interventions based on your chosen counseling theory for the future.